Your family is coming for the holidays and your dining furniture isn’t up for the task. Who can make you a custom designed dining room in time for the holidays? Saugerties Furniture and Canadel will deliver to your home a solid birch dining set made the way you want and built tough to hold up against daily life with minimal care.
Order your dining set by November 17th and Canadel will build and custom finish your perfect dining room table and chairs for Christmas dinner.
Canadel offers a huge range of sizes and table shapes, stylish leg and pedestal choices and the most comfortable and durable dining chairs we’ve ever sold! Many tables are available with multiple leaf extensions to accommodate multiple sets of guests. Buffets, servers, storage cabinets and china cabinets are available to match. All these options plus over 60 stains and paints available in a matte finish or antique distressed finish. Matching barstools are also available in a range of size and design options.
Visit Saugerties Furniture for a large assortment of Solid Wood dining furniture, tables, chairs, barstools, hutches, buffets, servers and cabinet storage pieces and pub sets made the way you want it. Browse Canadel’s choices here.
The dining table is a meeting place for family to relax and enjoy each other’s company. It also has a million other uses and is constantly used. Canadel’s Champlain collection is perfect for anyone looking for a more rustic farmhouse look with the easy to care for finish that has made Canadel so popular. Like all Canadel dining furniture, the Champlain Collection is made from Solid Birch and features the company’s worry-free catalytic finish which guards against stains and scratches from normal everyday use. What makes Champlain special is that Canadel uses the outside of the Birch tree so you get a truly unique piece of furniture as the natural characteristics, knots, worm holes, and natural variation are highlighted for their beauty.
The Champlain Collection is available in:
- Rectangular, Round, Square & Oval shapes with and without leaves
- Choose from dining or pub heights
- Over 15 chair styles to complement any decor
- Choice of leg, edge and stain color all included at no extra charge
- Matching Buffets, Hutches, Servers and Storage pieces available too
Come to Saugerties Furniture Mart, on Main St. in Saugerties to see our Canadel Dining Gallery including the Champlain collection from Canadel.
Click here to see all Canadel Styles on our website.
Here’s another comfy sofa from Smith Brothers. Beautiful lines with sturdy Smith Brothers construction set the 388 apart from the sea of plain boxy sofas today. A toostie roll back accented with graphite nailheads and an English Arm with turned style legs ensure this will fulfill the role of beautiful and comfortable sofa for years to come. It is available in a choice of over 700 fabrics and 8 leathers. See the Smith Brothers 388 sofa group and many more at Saugerties Furniture 222 Main St, Saugerties.
Customers ask me all the time “is that real leather?” At Saugerties Furniture the answer is always YES! We only offer top-grain leather on all of our Smith Brothers of Berne Leather furniture. Sofas, chairs, recliners and sectionals are all available in 100% top grain full leather. Why top grain only? Only top grain leather because of its inherent durability, comfort and longevity. A quality leather sofa will see many years of use with annual conditioning.
There are a lot of leather substitutes on the market today and many are deceiving to the customer. Some of the most popular are:
Bonded leather is not leather at all, rather a vinyl sprayed on cotton fabric with leather scraps ground up and sprayed on the back of the fabric to resemble leather.
Bicast leather is again not really leather. Bicast is a leather split with a thick coat of PU or polyurethane applied to the surface to enhance texture and create shine.
Low quality leather with an artificial leather look applied to the surface of a hide that would be otherwise not useable for furniture.
These leather substitutes offer cost savings at the expense of long-term usability and comfort. Cracking, peeling, and seam separation is a common complaint. Lack of breathability is another issue with synthetic leather.
Jonathan, 3rd generation owner of Saugerties Furniture
Beds come in different shapes and sizes just like people, which one is right for your home is a matter of personal preference but there are a few things one should look for & consider when purchasing a new bed consisting of a headboard & footboard plus side rails.
1. Hook & Pin design. Many beds today are cheaply made and assembled by screwing the bed together from the front of the footboard and from the rear of the headboard. Within a short period of time the bed will loosen and there will no wood for the scews to grip when you try to tighten the bed. The tradional way of having hooks in the side rails that slide into a notch in the footboard and headboard to set on metal pins will never require tightening.
2. Center Support: Mattress manufacturers all require center supports on Queen and King Mattresses for proper comfort and warranty. Look for, at minimum, one center leg on all queen and king beds. We believe a little support goes a long way and I personally prefer when Full, Queen & King beds have center supports and even Twin beds when they will be used for adult sleeping. We can add center support to any bed to meet a customers need.
3. High or Low Footboards: Low footboards are a fairly recent trend in bedroom furniture. Their great for smaller rooms or taller people. Making the bed can also be easier with a low footboard. Low footboard beds have the same support & stability as a high footboard but they offer a cleaner more modern look.
4. Fabric Bed: If you have antiques or are looking for some personalized pop in your room choose a fabric bed from Norwalk Furniture, available in over 800 fabrics and leathers they can coordinate with anything.
We spend 1/3 of our lives in bed; buy it right and buy it once at Saugerties Furniture
in Saugerties NY.
This sectional has been a favorite in our store for years. The angles chaise sets it apart in style & comfort. The whole family can cuddle up on the same sofa to watch a movie! We have paired the Milford Sectional from Norwalk with Huey, Duey & Luey gum-drop style cocktail ottomans each in a different splash of color. These three can be used together or separately as foot stools, cocktail tables, end tables or extra seating when company comes for the holidays.
This sectional and cocktail ottomans are available in a choice of over 700 fabrics delivered to your home, by Norwalk Furniture, in 35 days or less!
See full specs of the Milford Sectional here on our website
Visit our showroom in Saugerties NY for 4 huge floors filled with sofas, sectionals and living-room furniture to fit your needs.
Let’s have a conversation about this beautiful conversation sofa. Looking for a new look for your living room, a conversation sofa can breath new life into a tired decor. Create a seating area for your family to enjoy by using two conversation sofas facing each other or place two chairs facing the sofa for a welcoming conversation area. Conversation sofas can take the place of sectionals in rooms that can’t quite handle the bulk but where a more desirable “come together” piece is needed. We carry many styles of conversation sofas all available in a choice of fabrics delivered quickly to your home!